KentuckyBoys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
KentuckyBoys

Anything and Everything

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is everyone doing now?

+3
SteveO
rypat
Dpclarkjr
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What is everyone doing now? Empty What is everyone doing now? Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 pm

Dpclarkjr

Dpclarkjr

The only person I get to talk to anymore is Chris and thats not often. Just wondering where everyone is in their lives.

I'll start. I have been managing a pharmacy for about 1 year. I had managed before (grocery store not pharmacy), but this has been one hell of an experience. Pretty rough at first, but I feel like we have turned the corner and I am proud to be a part of it. Waiting on Walgreens to transfer me to a bigger pharmacy in Louisville as manager, just have to wait until another spot opens up. Sarah is in school finishing her masters to become an ARNP. Sarah and I will be having a boy and he is due on June 27th (my birthday). His name right now will be Carson Patrick. She had to stop working because of some pregnancy complications but it has really helped her concentrate on school. The complications have passed and the baby is fine. I did not expect to be married and having a baby alreay but here I am. It can sneak up on you, WATCH OUT! JK. It is great and I can't wait for the little guy to get here. Hope we can all get together sometime. I you guys are going to be around let me know. If it is before the baby I can probably meet up but after that all bets are off.

2What is everyone doing now? Empty Re: What is everyone doing now? Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:28 pm

rypat

rypat

Let's see...

Currently I'm finishing up my last semester in graduate school. My primary responsibilities are being a teaching assistant for a number of exercise physiology labs and activity classes. Both are fun in their own way. The labs are more rewarding as a teacher, but the activity classes are a nice break from the norm.

I'm also working on my thesis project in the our clinical biomechanics laboratory. In geek speak we are investigating kinetic changes in functional asymmetries with fatigue. Basically, we are looking at how vertical ground reaction forces in the left and right side of the body change when people are fatigued. We fatigue them with a squat protocol and then they do jumps and hops pre/post test. The implication with this is primarily related to a number of injuries, particularly ACL.

To be honest, a large part of me regrets graduate school and wishes I would have gone the physical therapy route. Hindsight is 20/20 and I didn't realize the passion I had for that kind of knowledge. Thus, me being an entrepreneur (in spirit anyway) I've decided I'm finished with school and I will just hire a PT in the future. That being said, I appreciate the skill set I have developed from teaching and the acquired ability to critically evaluate research.

Starting a business was good out here and I learned some valuable lessons. As the saying goes, "Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions." I've got a head start when I go to establish roots back in NKY and pursue my passion. I'm in the market for both a place to start this enterprise as well as a job to pay the bills in the meantime. Currently I'm thinking of becoming a pharm sales rep or looking up a research group in Cincinnati that has NIH funding for ACL research.

Other news good and bad: I'm dating Megan. Again. It's great, but the commute is killing me. I'm not interested in marriage anytime soon, much to her dismay. My one and only grandpa died right before spring break from cancer, so I've made it a point to start donating to cancer research. I'm anxious to return home, but I will miss the unique things about Colorado. There is always something noteworthy happening. But I have Viking Dash to look forward to...

Over and out, that was long.

http://www.peak-fast.com

3What is everyone doing now? Empty Re: What is everyone doing now? Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:23 am

SteveO

SteveO

As for me Pepe, I am currently still working at Buffalo Bobs, that wing joint up in Northern Kentucky. Due to the closing of one restaurant and the audacity of the owner, I have currently been demoted to server/manager as opposed to bar manager. Just a bad situation all around. Crying or Very sad Oh well, the money is still there for the taking and I am trying to make the most out of it.

I've been trying to get into the Rad Tech Program at NKU and sadly just missed the cut this year. I received a letter a couple days ago telling me that I was number 32, and seeing how the program only takes 28, I will be waiting for my turn next year or for four people to drop before the summer starts. Frustrating. Just a minor speedbump though, it'll take more than that to get me down.

On a positive note...
Rachel and I are still together. She just bought a house in Florence and is doing well working as Civil Engineer in Ohio. Marriage is not out of the question, she wants us to have more money, but I could take the plunge anytime at this point. Scary to think, but exciting none the less. Don't worry, you all will be the first to know when I decide to propose lol!

I'm currently living with Jeremy in HIS new house. His dad lives with us too still, but I haven't seen him in about 3 weeks? Ish? Who knows. Nevertheless, we are having a great time up here and really miss everyone that is gone. Oh yea, and I still rule at Guitar Hero. Just ask Papaww.

Sorry to semi vent about the crappy things going on, but everything cant be all candy and nuts all the time right? When things are down, they can only go back up!

Pepe, congrats on the job and good luck with the pregnancy, I only wish you the best!

SteveO out. Time to masturb.... sleep.

4What is everyone doing now? Empty Re: What is everyone doing now? Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:57 am

Rybred28

Rybred28

I am managing my dad's shop since he has been semi-retiring. I got a DUI this summer so that really straitend me up considering my life was messy at that point. I am engaged Rachel who I have been dating for almost 2 years now. We are set to marry on June 11, 2011. I bought a drum set. I play regularly along with trying to keep up with guitar. I bought a house that I work on everyday. It needs a TON of work and my dad thought it would take me till winter to get fixed up. But I am about 1/4 done and I have had it a little over a week. The slow process starts now in rebuilding but its fun visualizing what it will look like and see it done. As for other things there are none. I work alot, work on the house a ton, see friends some and sleep and thats about it.

5What is everyone doing now? Empty :) Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:34 am

Noetzel

Noetzel
Admin

Pepe - You still renting out your house in lex or have you gotten it sold?

Rypat - You selling, closing or relocating your business when you move back?

http://kentuckyboys.narutorpg.org

6What is everyone doing now? Empty Re: What is everyone doing now? Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:30 am

rypat

rypat

Pepe - Congrats on the baby. I would love a kid but having a 7 year old brother is nice because I can just hand him off when he's too much. Also, he is a pussy magnet.

SteveO - Progress is a continuous effort to swim upstream. I know you'll be ok.

Noetzel - The business isn't at a position where it's able to be sold, both in terms of size and the number of systems I have in place. It's still low on the growth curve in my opinion.

I'll be dissolving the LLC. I could keep it and register to do business in another state (KY). The LLC was a fine option for ease of tax purposes this year, but I will consult a lawyer/accountant regarding the best method to incorporate with the future in mind (employees, etc). It sufficed with me calling the shots, but to my way of thinking I was an overpaid business consultant who sucked at and hated his job--might as well do what I do best and leave that to a professional.

--
RP

http://www.peak-fast.com

7What is everyone doing now? Empty Re: What is everyone doing now? Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Dpclarkjr

Dpclarkjr

I had the house on the market for about 16 months, never had any offers. That was at the bottom of the market though and I wasn't coming off the price. It is being rented by 3 girls now and they have a lease until end of July. I am going to rethink it after that but they may stay for a few more years. One of the girls is my brother-in-law's sister and is trying to get into law school, so she might stay a few years. I'm not making profit, but the rent they pay is covering the payment, taxes and insurance. So I am satisfied with sitting on it for a while.

8What is everyone doing now? Empty Re: What is everyone doing now? Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm

Tj Felthaus

Well, I have this wedding coming up, kinda soon. The whole planning part has actually been really easy; mainly because Erin wants to pick everything out and do everything herself. (She wouldnt even let me put the stamps on the envelopes last night!)

We have had a contract on a really nice house in St. Louis since October 10th and still havent been given a closing date. The whole process is a "short"-sale and is really dragging out. The bank sold the house for 339,000 in 2006 and is selling to us for 240,000; so it is easy to see why they are a little uneasy about taking such a massive loss. Good news is the HUD statement is prepared and all things look to be ready to get moving, but will most likely occur in the first two weeks of May when we will be consumed with this wedding.

Speaking again of the wedding, the St. Louis guys that came to the bachelor party have not shutup about how much fun they had and how they were embarassed they got so wasted they had to leave @ 2am each night. Jim actually passed out in Waffle House both nights, ordering food but never eating. (That was the worst car ride home ever by the way) They believe that "we" are going to be taking over the reception. Especially since Erin's mom was insistent upon having top shelf liquor at the reception, OPEN BAR!!!

Other than that Belle is fat, I have caught shit about UK nonstop for the last 5 days, and I apply to CRNA school June 1st.

Peace out Motherfuckers

9What is everyone doing now? Empty Re: What is everyone doing now? Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:35 pm

jkoch2272

Look like I'm last in line for everything. I'm not buying a house or looking for one. I'm not getting married or even thinking about it. Eek, my hair line is moving quickly so I better get working on that whole "finding the right one" thing.

For those who do not know I actually recently started dating someone, Lindsey Voet. She a little younger than us but hey she turns the big 2 1 next weekend. Yea pretty crazy but so far so good. Its not SO creepy because I'm still a baby like TJ and only 23. At least I try to use that in my favor....

As for the job, things are going ok. It isn't my favorite thing to do and I know its now what I want to do forever, but its good enough for right now. Some of the ri-tards I work with seem to make things interesting. I feel you on catching shit for UK though TJ. All these damn crazy Ohio people. Not that they have anything to brag about but they still give me shit. Damn Buckeyes.

But yea not too much is going on. Just hanging out with my parents, I mean roommates. I'm actually going out to California at the end of May/beginning of June to visit har har (Josh). He's in the Navy and is stationed in Monterey, which is about an hour and half south of San Fran. So I'm pretty excited for that. Steve you should come with. We are going to Yosemite and plan on doing a bit of hiking. You too baby bear. Its gunna be a bloodbath.

One more thing. TJ answer this honestly - how extremely gay did the St. Louis people think we were? After looking through those pictures, which were hilarious, we had to look like a bunch of fruitcakes. And yes, we are going to take over the reception. I. Can't. Wait.

Later dudes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGSs1MEI46I

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum